1. Do I need to submit an application prior to registering for Field Study I and II?
All students must complete a field application prior to registering for Field Study I and II. The field application can be found under Departmental Forms.
2. What are the important departmental dates/deadlines that I should be aware of?
The departmental calendar which contains important dates/deadlines can be found under the Forms and Departmental Calendar tab.
3. How many credits can I take as a non-matriculated student?
Students are allowed to take up to a total of six credits as a non-matriculated student.
4. How can I apply for any of the programs?
To apply for any program please visit apply.kean.edu
5. I am in my last semester of completing my program requirements and would like to apply for my state certification through Student Support Services in the Office of the Registrar. What is the process for doing this?
Any student who wishes to apply for state certification through Kean University’s Student Support Services in the Office of the Registrar must follow the directions under the Application for State Certification which can be found under the Forms tab in the Current Students section. Please note that this must be done while you are currently a student in the program. If you complete the program prior to applying for certification you must do so through the State.
6. I am interested in registering for a course off campus. Who should I contact to get permission to register?
Off campus classes are coordinated through the Bureau of Educational Services. For more information, please contact Ms. Janice Heathat firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 908-737-3887.
7. I am interested in obtaining information related to financial aid. Who should I contact about this?
Financial aid information is available through the Financial Aid Office.
8. I need a petition to register for a course. How do I go about obtaining this?
Please contact Ms. Wanda Gonzalez at email@example.com or 908-737-5970, in the Department of Educational Leadership to obtain a petition.
9. Do I need to take a departmental qualifying exam prior to graduating from the Master’s in Educational Administration program?
Yes, all students in the Master’s in Educational Administration program must successfully pass the departmental qualifying exam prior to graduating from the program (the only exception is for students enrolled in the Post-Master’s Certification program for Supervisor). Please note the qualifying exam must be taken between Fields I and II.
10. Can I defer if I am accepted to the program?
No. Unfortunately, we do not offer this option.