Veysel Yucetepe, Ph.D
Program Director/Department Chairperson
Global Management Studies
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (Marketing) from the University of Illinois, Chicago
- M.B.A. from the Stuart School of Business Administration of the Illinois Institute of Technology
- B.S. in Business Administration from Uludag University, Turkey
Dr. Yucetepe joined Kean University in the College of Business and Public Administration as a full-time faculty member in January of 2004. Currently, he serves as the Director of the MBA in Global Management Program/Department of Graduate Management Studies in the Nathan Weiss Graduate College.
Dr. Yucetepe has over a decade of experience in teaching courses in both Marketing and Business and was formerly the Business Programs Coordinator at the Kean University’s campus at Ocean County College. His University service includes sitting on the Faculty Senate and the University Planning Council. Additionally, he has served as a member of the AACSB Accreditation Initiative Committee and acted as a member of the EPAS Accreditation Committee, which led to Kean’s MBA program becoming the first EPAS Accredited MBA program in the United States of America in 2012.
- 2008 “Bright Idea Award” from the New Jersey Business & Industry Association for his article titled “How Acquisitions in the Retailing Sector Affect Stakeholders: The Special Case of Franchise Acquisitions and Their Franchisees.” In total, over 130 papers were in competition and only 10 researchers were awarded for their manuscripts.
- Other recent articles include:
- “The Impact of the Atmospheric Scent and Music-Retail Consistency on Consumers in a Retail or Service Environment”
- “Multinational Firms’ Leadership Role in Corporate Social Responsibility in Latin America”
- “The Relationship of Music-Retail Consistency and Atmospheric Lighting on Consumer Responses”