The Institute for Adults Living with Communication Disabilities is a non-profit, university based program.
We are part of the Center for Communications Disorders at Kean University. Our clinic is located on the East Campus of Kean University, located at 215 North Avenue in Hillside, New Jersey.
The Institute is dedicated to:
- Providing state-of-the-art communication and cognitive therapy services for adults in a warm and friendly environment.
- Serving as a place where adults with communication disabilities and their families can come together for education, support and social interaction.
- Educating Kean University graduate students in the treatment of adults with communication disabilities.
- Conducting clinical research to document the long-term recovery of communication skills in adults.
Master's level graduate students provide therapy services in the Institute.
Clinicians are supervised by professionals who are licensed by the State of New Jersey and who hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Our state-of-the art facility on Kean's East Campus features:
- Twenty therapy rooms.
- Two group rooms.
- A computer lab.
- A large waiting room that we share with the Center for Communication Disorders. We also have a separate, quieter waiting area reserved for adult clients.
- Observation rooms with one way mirrors.
- Observation capability for supervisors via computer video link up.